If you wish to take a walk through the woods, picking berries, you’ll find tasty raspberry from the beginning of the summer until August. The blueberries can be found until the beginning of the autumn, the perfect season for picking rosehips and sea buckthorn, while the recommended day time is, according to the popular tradition, the dawn, before the hoar frost falls.
If you go for a walk and intend to pick berries, take along a twig basket (with a plastic wrap at the bottom) or a bucket.
Among the edible mushrooms you can find in the area, we mention the boletus, the chanterelle mushrooms, the peppery milk-cap, various type of brittlegills.
How to pick mushrooms – Important rules for mushroom picking:
- Never try mushrooms that you cannot identify, even if they smell good and look delicious.
- Never pick old or very small mushrooms and never pick mushrooms that have been bitten by animals or torn out of the ground.
- It is best to eat the mushrooms on the day you have picked them, since they are highly perishable. Never eat raw mushrooms.
- If you are a beginner in picking mushrooms, it is recommended not to go alone to pick mushrooms.
- You must have comfortable clothes and footwear, suitable for the weather condition, a backpack for the water, a knife for cleaning the mushrooms and recipients (baskets or buckets) for the picked mushrooms.